Things which make a Mom/grad student panic when she has a 20+ page reflective literature review due. (BTW this paper is a major portion of her thesis.)
- This is a major portion of my thesis and it is due in 9 days!!!!
- The husband is out of town on business which leaves Mom at home with three teens to raise and feed.
- Well the feeding portion is optional. They are old enough to cook and shop for themselves.
- However, Mom still has to prevent bloody battles which ensue due to silly disagreements such as whose turn it is to do the dishes.
- Since the husband is out of town with the other vehicle Mom has to taxi everybody around.
- Thank goodness for the oldest teen who can drive herself to her college classes.
- BTW she is in high school so Mom can’t just run away and ask her to raise her brothers. Please refer back to 2b for that reason.
- Two out of three of the teens have a total of 16 sporting events to attend in the next 9 days.
- Of course these events occur within an hour of each other at entirely different locations.
- BTW there’s no family nearby to dump all of Mom’s problems off on, but thankfully there are friends and coaches pitching in. —probably to help prevent a total melt down.
- All three teens have scouting events and Mom is in charge of a portion of a scouting district.
- BTW the teens are camping 2 weekends out of the 2 weekends Mom has to work on her paper, and Mom is signed up to go to both campouts. Don’t get me wrong I love to camp, but right now is really not a good time.
- Our poor elderly cat is ill and requires 3 treatments a day for the next 8 days. Ugh!
- Once again thank goodness for those teens!
- Mom took not 1 not 2 but 3 graduate classes this semester, so at some point she must work on the other 2 classes. Goodbye sleep!
- Mom has writer’s block!!!!!!!!
- Last but not least—-Mom was a little nutty before this semester but now she is seriously holding onto her sanity by just a thread!
Please let me give another Mom a little advice before tackling graduate school while raising a family. CLOSELY READ THE CLASS DESCRIPTIONS! As women and Moms we are already on the brink of having super powers because we have to juggle a thousand things, but if you don’t watch it you could stumble upon a class which contains enough kryptonite to crack your resolve.
Crazy Grad Mom signing off for now…..